Miami’s Art Deco playground
Often called the American Riviera, Miami’s South Beach is one of the USA’s hottest holiday spots – and that’s not just the weather we’re talking about. Hugely popular with both Americans and foreigners, it’s where you’ll find Miami’s iconic Art Deco architecture, palm-lined boulevards and hundreds of restaurants, bars and clubs – always ready for the next party.
Keen to explore? Our Big Bus Hop-on, Hop-off Tours let you dip in and out of the clubs, hotels and attractions at your leisure. Or simply spend a few hours people-watching and soaking up the rays on the beach. But if that sounds too slow-paced for you, you could sail along South Beach at 40mph with Thriller's speedboat tour.
Cultured and cool
As well as being a party capital, South Beach has a distinct artistic side. Visitors looking for a more serene cultural experience can discover a wealth of museums, innovative theater or the chance to step back in time at historical sites – all along our Miami Bus Tour.
Other interesting facts about South Beach:
- South Beach is home to more than 800 Art Deco buildings, one of the world’s largest collections
- All along the seafront you’ll find brightly-colored lifeguard towers – designed by local artists
- It’s surrounded by two national parks: Biscayne and the Everglades
- Famous pirates, including Blackbeard and Lafitte, supposedly buried treasure in the waters along the coast
- South Beach is man-made and was little more than a mangrove swamp until the 1920s