We are a “data controller” under the Data Protection Act 1999 (“DPA”) and an “operator” under the California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (“CalOPPA”). We will always ensure that we collect the minimum amount of personal data from you as is necessary for the purposes set out below, and will always process your personal data strictly in accordance with the provisions of the DPA, Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code and of CalOPPA.
Types of data collected from you:
When completing any purchase through our Services, we will ask you to confirm your name, address, telephone number, email address, We may also collect personal data from you if you complete any of our surveys, enter any promotions or subscribe for our offers.
When using our Services, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
- technical information, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, , browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time); details of what you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
When you contact customer services we will collect your phone number or email address which has been used to make the contact and any other relevant information that you provide as part of your interaction with customer services.
We may also receive information about you from our third party suppliers, group companies and affiliates.
Purposes for processing your personal data:
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer our Services and for internal operational and administration purposes;
- To fulfil your order or contact you regading any issue with your order;
- To effectively complete any purchases made by you using our Services, including processing your payment;
- In the event that you have abandoned a purchase we may contact you to ask why you chose not to proceed. In the event that your purchase failed to go through successfully, we may contact you to confirm why this was the case;
- To ensure that the content delivered through our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- For security and customer services purposes;
- To notify you of any changes to our Services or to this policy or any other terms that apply to your use of the Services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- To provide you with any information, offers and promotions that we feel might be relevant to you (where you have consented to receiving such communications, as discussed under “marketing communications” heading below);
We will not store your payment card information or share such information with any other party, except with our payment processing partners.
We may share your personal data:
- With our group companies and affiliates for the purposes stated above;With our agents and service providers for the purposes stated above;
- With any other third parties, including any regulatory body, to the extent required by law.
In instances where we share your personal data with third parties, we will require such entity to protect your personal data in a manner that is consistent with this policy or as required by law.
We may also transfer your personal data to, and store your personal data on servers at, locations outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In addition, certain of our group companies, affiliates and suppliers operate outside of the EEA and we may transfer your personal data to these entities to enable them to process your personal data for the purposes set out above.
Where we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA we take all reasonably necessary steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and is not compromised.
By submitting your personal data through our Services, you consent to the use of your personal data, and to the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA, for the purposes set out above.
Third party websites
Our Services may include links to websites that are operated by third parties. We have no control over these third party websites. On such basis, we are unable to guarantee the security of any information that you provide through these websites and any information provided will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these websites.
Security of information
Any information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we adopt strict security processes to seek to prevent unauthorised access to, or use of, your information. However, the transmission of information through the internet is not completely secure. We will take all reasonably necessary steps to ensure that your personal data is secure. However, we are unable to guarantee the security of the information that you submit through the Services and any submission is done so at your own risk.
By expressly opting in to receiving marketing related communications (as prompted following the completion of a purchase through any of our Services) you agree that we may send to you relevant offers, promotions and our latest news. You may opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us using the contact details below or by following the instructions on any marketing relating communications that you receive.
Rights of access
In accordance with your rights under the DPA and Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, you are entitled to request a copy of any personal data that we hold about you (or request a description of such data). To obtain a copy of your data, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
You may also ask for any inaccurate information that we hold about you to be corrected or deleted, by contacting us as set out below.
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the address below.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, the use of your personal data or wish to update or remove your personal data from our record, please contact:
Last updated: 06th November 2016