The heart of Magic City
Discover Downtown Miami at the center of one of the world’s favorite holiday destinations. A beguiling mix of imposing glass skylines and smaller scale Latin flavored streets, Downtown Miami is a truly multi-faceted neighborhood.
Meet both sides of the city’s split personality on a Hop-on, Hop-off Miami Bus Tour through Downtown. Stretch your legs in peaceful Bicentennial Park and gaze out at the islands across the bay. Feeling sporty? Take in a game at the American Airlines Arena – home to the famous Miami Heat NBA team. We’ll drop you right outside the stadium.
Jewels among giants
Take in Miami’s dramatic contrasts from the top deck, with a view that encompasses the city’s imposing glass skyscrapers above to rich cultural gems at street level. Get inspired at the Torch of Friendship and take a minute to remember at the Challenger Memorial.
Hop off the bus at Brickell Avenue – known as Millionaire’s Row - and let your imagination run wild.
Other interesting facts about Downtown, Miami
- Downtown, Miami is a banking capital, with the highest concentration of international banks anywhere in the US
- With average temperatures between 60 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (15 and 23 degrees Celsius) it’s the USA’s warmest winter destination
- It has only ever snowed once in Downtown, Miami
- Miami is home to the world’s largest cruise ship port
- Downtown, Miami boasts more than 1,500 retail outlets and is the second largest jewelery district in the US
- Miami earned the nickname 'Magic City' following a rapid growth in population, with visitors commenting that it was 'like magic' during return visits.