Prepare to be dazzled
Central, as its name suggests, is where it all happens on Hong Kong Island. It’s the Central Business District, Government HQ, and general hotspot for dining, partying, markets and everything else.
It’s here, among this forest of skyscrapers, that you’ll find glittering 5-star hotels, and numerous financial institutions such as the HSBC headquarters and the Bank of China Tower. Dotted amongst them are older, colonial-style buildings like the Legislative Council Building and City Hall.
It’s full of quality restaurants and high-end shopping centres too, such as The Landmark, Princes Building and the IFC Mall. There are also temples, the Golden Bauhinia Square, the waterfront and endless sights and sounds to take pictures of and enjoy.
Big Bus Tours – the best way to see Central
Feel the pulsing energy in a city that never stops. On our Hong Kong bus tour, we’ll lead you through this exhilarating maze of towers and bustling streets, pointing out all the highlights. Catch the Star Ferry over to Kowloon – free with your Hong Kong bus tour ticket. Don’t miss out on Central by night either - a brilliant time to discover this mesmerising scene of brightly lit towers and dazzling neon shops and bars.
Other interesting facts about Central
- With its proximity to Victoria Harbour, Central grew as the hub of trade from the earliest days of the British colonial era
- It only started being called Central in 1980 – after its stop name on the Hong Kong Metro system
- Check out the superb bars, restaurants and clubs in Lan Kwai Fong
- Visit Hollywood Road and Cat Street to browse amazing antique shops
- The Hong Kong Maritime Museum is right by the start of the Big Bus Tour at Pier 7